Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Yet Another Anniversary

September 14 marks the first anniversary of this blog. This is my first post.

I've been trying to think of something earth-shattering that happened during the past year, but I cannot think of anything that completely overwhelms me. In last night's American Government class, we discussed events that stand out in our lifetimes, events that we can not only recall but those events during which we can remember where we were when they took place. I remember where I was when the shuttle Challenger blew up, I remember the attempted assasinations of President Reagan and Pope John Paul II and, of course, 9/11. I even have a vague recollection of President Kennedy's funeral on TV when I was just a child.

Yet after all these events, one thing is clear whether we consider such things to be "history-altering": life goes on. So allow another year to pass and allow the children to grow up and watch old friends pass and new friends enter and, above all else, say your prayers. The Lord has not forgotten us; let us not forget him.

Peace.

No comments: