Monday, April 02, 2012

A Thought


John 6:54-56:  “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day; for My flesh is real food indeed, and My blood is real drink indeed.  He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me and I in him.” 

John 6:60“Many of Jesus’ disciples, when they heard this, said, ‘This is a hard saying; who can understand it?’”
John 6:66, 67:  “From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Jesus no more.”  Then Jesus said to the Twelve: ‘Do you also want to go away?’  But Simon Peter answered Him: ‘Lord, to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life.  We have come to believe and to know that You are the Christ, the son of the Living God.’”

So if we reject Christ and all He has given and continues to give, where will we go?  To whom will we go?  Consuming Jesus’ blood and flesh IS a hard saying, but it is also the point of drawing closer to Him … to gain understanding.

So draw near.  Hear what He has to say.  Silence your world so that you may understand, and give to the Lord the time He deserves for the respite of the soul we all need!

Blessings,
Michael

No comments: