Thursday, July 05, 2012

A Thought


“Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope.  Hold me up, and I shall be safe; and I shall observe Your statutes continually.  You reject all those who stray from Your statutes, for their deceit is falsehood.  You put away the wicked of the earth like dross; therefore I love Your commandments.”  Psalm 119:116-119

It is most interesting that during an election year, there are giant clumps of Christians who get involved in the campaigns and come up with some of the most vile things one could ever expect to hear from someone who was in worship only a few days before.  Oh, wait.  I forgot.  Christians no longer “have to” go to worship; that’s just a legal thing, for Christians have been freed from the law.  Christians no longer “have to” refrain from evil; that’s just a legal thing, for Christians have been freed from the law.  Christians no longer “have to” refrain from gossip and slander and libel; that’s just a legal thing, for Christians have been freed from the law.  Christians no longer “have to” give of themselves, their treasures, or their talents to the Church; that’s just a legal thing, for Christians have been freed from the law.

Have a nice day.
Michael

No comments: