Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Thought


"The moment to spend with a spouse who loves me, or a sick friend, or a delicious new grandchild is here and now. Not some time later .... The nation learned this lesson all at once that horrible day in September 2001. The pictures stay with us -- the fires and falling debris, and, most hauntingly, the faces. Look how young so many of them were, people who thought there would be much more time, a lot of 'later' when they could do all the things they really wanted to do. I grieve for their families -- especially for those, like me, who haven't found any trace of the people they loved. But I grieve even more for the people who died that day. They couldn't know what we know now about the precious gift of time." – Cokie Roberts, NPR News

“Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for You are with me.”  Psalm 23:4

And I will add, “Because You are with me, Holy Lord, I will bless and cherish each moment as the divine gift it is; each joy, each sorrow, each burst of laughter, and every tear – because You give us these moments to grow and to love in making us ready for the moments to come.  These moments are the life You have granted, and I will embrace each one.”  

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”  Matthew 6:14

Blessings,
Michael

No comments: