Sunday, December 11, 2005

Celtic Music

My taste in music has evolved over the course of time. I used to love the get-up-and-go of disco! I used to love rock-and-roll. I was never much for the head-banging stuff of such as Ozzy Ozborn (?) or Jethro Tull or Led Zeppelin although every now and then, something pretty good would come out like "Stairway to Heaven". I also never cared much for country-and-western until such artists as Faith Hill, Shania Twain, and Reba McIntyre became popular. Throughout my life, however, I have always leaned toward music that is a little easier on the ears and gentle to the soul.

Recently I discovered Sarah Brightman, a very gifted woman who can do pop and opera with the same sweet voice. More recently, I discovered "Celtic Woman" on PBS. I can now say that I am "in love".

"Celtic Woman" is a group of musicians performing in Celtic fashion. However, I must say that even if you are not inclined toward this genre of music, these artists will make a believer out of even the hardest of hearts. The music is soulful, spirited, and just plain good. Lots of orchestra music as background provide a mood that, coupled with the exceptional talents of the singers, will delight, entrance, and enchant the listener. This is good stuff, and I will be adding them to my collection.

No comments: