Thursday, September 15, 2005

Let's Move On

The blame-gamers are still out in force. President Bush has claimed responsibility though I cannot say that I agree with that assessment. Even though more than one state was affected by this incredible storm, the governors of those states must first invite the federal government in - yes? And the comparison to the attacks of 9/11 are really moving beyond anything I would consider reasonable. Whether this storm was some kind of divine judgment is best left alone. Those with a conscience are in a better position to answer that question. I am positive that the Lord has used calamity in my life to get my attention, but to say that New Orleans had it coming is quite a stretch.

The attacks on 9/11/01 were not random, however. Those attacks were by design. Let's keep our eye on the ball, shall we? There is much we can learn from Katrina and hurricane preparedness ... so have we?

No comments: